We are committed to ensuring that our employees are treated fairly and with respect.
Endorsing open and honest communication we strive to ensure equality of opportunity, through training, development and recruitment.
Water Engineering Services Ltd believe in encouraging and supporting the development of a society in which:
- People’s ability to achieve their potential is not limited by prejudice or discrimination
- There is respect for the dignity and worth of everyone
- There is mutual respect between the team based on understanding and valuing of diversity and on shared respect for equality and human rights
External Training – working with external organisations we have helped to support wider understanding of environmental issues, delivering presentations to students attending courses on Environmental Management Systems.
We strive to exceed expectation in the delivery of our services and to provide value for money. WES as a minimum standard aim to conduct ourselves in a manner that compliments the standards of honesty, integrity and corporate social responsibility expected by our clients.
We recognise our responsibilities to society in general and in particular to the communities in which we operate, from which we draw our workforce and to whom we provide important services.
We support involvement in community activity from all levels of the company, supporting partnerships and projects not just financially, but with employee time and in-kind assistance.
We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and that of our customers by the regionalisation of the business and the minimisation of fuel usage
An ongoing objective is to reduce and prevent so far as is reasonably practicable harm to the environment through planned and unplanned activities by ensuring that:
- Site waste is minimised
- Waste is correctly stored, transferred and disposed of
- Vehicles are driven in a manner that is fuel efficient, prevents accidents and avoids nuisance
- Nuisance to the public is minimised, or where unavoidable due to emergency or essential works, that notification and compensation plans are implemented
- Suitable and effective arrangements for emergencies such as fire, spillage or pollution of land, air or water are made
- The use of recycled and recyclable materials is promoted
- Wastewater, ground waters or diverted surface waters are correctly managed and permitted
- Vehicles, plant and equipment are chosen in consideration to their energy efficiency
- Vehicles and plant do not release black smoke
- Materials, substances and equipment are procured with consideration to reducing environmental impact or that with control do not present an unacceptable risk
- Office activities minimise resources use through procuring recycled or sustainable forested paper, reusing and recycling paper, using energy and water efficiently; and effecting the most efficient method of commuting to work.
We endeavour to ensure that our suppliers understand their understanding of CSR and their impact on the environment.
Water Engineering Services Ltd will purchase goods and services from suppliers who share the WES Ltd commitment to its Clients, Workforce, Community and the Environment.
We consider these issues alongside Health and Safety, Quality and Price when adding a supplier to our approved supplier list.
We endeavour to treat our suppliers and the suppliers workforce with respect and integrity.